Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Surprises

I love surprises...NO really, I do. I may torment the keeper of the surprise to tell me..give me hints....threaten to open something I have in my possession that's to be held until ohh say, my birthday...but in general....surprises...ya gotta luv'em...Except the ones I keep finding in mybed....those surprises? Not so much...

For example...crumbs...that's not such a lovely surprise after having a bath and rushing to climb into my warm comy bed...only to find my son has been in my bed watching TV while nimrod uses the treadmill (making my bedroom stink like you would NOT believe) Dorrito, Pringles, cheetos...those aren't so awfully bad..cheetos are the worse because they make things orange (this can't really be good for you ya know) but the very worst...OREOS...little black cookie crumbs all over my white flowered sheets. Disgusting...

.Toy cars...books, flashcards...empty juice thingies, bubble gum (in the wrapper) toilet paper, combs, brushes, hair accessories, game boy games, back packs and my all time fav...his wet swimming trunks are among other things that I find between the sheets of my...MY bed

Mini flashlight...found this hidden under my pillows...when I inquired with the smallish boy, he said "It was incase you got scared"...now initially that sounds really sweet...but I know him..he's being a shit.

Dirty clothes...not mine, I put mine where they belong (under the bed ) but his...between my blankets...yes getting my toes tangled in his mess of clothes and stinky socks...is exactly what I was looking for...

Dumbells....No, now you know I refer to him as nimrod (someone asked me the other day why and all I could think of was...it's much more acceptable than fuckhead ) My 5 and 10 lb dumbells I've been using to get all BUFF I normally keep in a small spot between the wall and the book case..but as nimrod continues to take over my space...he gets them out and lets the smallish boy play with them...Do you know what happens when he plays with them...he drops them on my feet....which is when I said the 4th curse word to ever leave my mouth in front of him....Yep..I've done well in his 6 years to have only said 4 outloud swear words...this one...SHIT! with tears....He was sorry...and put himself in time out! I've taught him well

So, anyway....lastnight...I go take a yummy hot bath...play some Enya while I'm soaking (and peeling...you know, because I am a freak)....all realaxed and covered in 'Sanctuary' lotion and the ever sexy sweats and tshirt I hop (literally...cuz the princess and the pea bed sits so far up off the floor) into bed only to land my tender bum on all 4 freakin' dumbells....go to slide off the bed and drag 2 of them off with me....yup...landed on my foot...and yup...there was outloud cussing going on....threw the rest of them down there with them...so that when I got up to go to the bathroom, I could stub my toe on them...that was a bonus surprise.

This evening I'm home...I've made it clear that the snack was to be had in the living room..where I can find the crumbs...and stripped clothes can be taken to the laundry....and since I made the bed when I got up...I'm hoping that this will infact keep my bedtime surprise free

....it smells like stinky sweaty nasty nimrod in there now...but until I'm rid of him, I guess that's more like a given, than a surprise.....now where's that lysol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home