Thursday, July 08, 2004

Mindless ramblings of a pack rat

Among my many revered titles....is Pack Rat Princess Extraordinaire. I don't deny it..nor do I even bother denying my equally cherished title ...which combined, would in fact be the best description of all....

Procrastinating Pack Rat Princess Extraordinaire.

This title must go nicely along with the ADHD self-diagnosis I have proudly laid claim to.

So.....Today after I'd taken the smallish boy to to day camp, which by the way I've decided doesn't last long enough... Ms PPRPE can't do all I've put off doing for all my life in just 3 short hours a day...especially when I didn't bother showering and doing my hair prior to leaving the house at 8am this morning....and I must make time to do that before going to retrieve said smallish boy in around 30 mintues....

Ohh right... so, after taking him ALLLLL the way to the county farm, which is 9 miles past BFE, I stopped at the grocery store and purchased all the things I needed to make a lovely dinner (which I haven't had time to start..) and then to the glorious Dollar Store for a few odds and ends...as I've decided I MUST MUST MUST become more frugal (again)...stop at Burger King for a coffee (*see note below) and home I go...unload the loot...come in, change into shorts....finish my coffee while browsing all the news that is, of course, news online (aaahh...there's my downfall) go out and shock the pool since someone put the cover on it and didn't bother running the pump, turning my lovely crystal clear pool into ... A FROG POND! Back up to the house and start in dusting..ending at my desk... as Procrastinating Pack Rat Princess Extraordinaire I'd gathered quite the collection of cups and empty Marlboro Ultra Light 100's packages in the various baskets that adorn my lovely drawerless desk...once all foreign empty items were disposed of properly and the layer of dust removed....Hey... my desk really IS black.....ahhhhhhhh...one chore down..so what must I do? Have a coffee and a smoke and see if anyone is around online....nope...no one...go get the vacuum..... Yay...the vacuum, with my assistance has indeed done it's job and sucked up the large pile of fish food which thankfully didn't make it into the tank...vacuuming is easier than cleaning a fish tank...I guess...as I've never cleaned this one...yet ;)

Move to the kitchen..it's actually clean...I really hate to chop veggies...so to avoid that chore....I head for the frige....Tomorrow is trash day...what better way to show the garbage man how much I appreciate him than to give him a nice full sack of unidentifiable items from Krogers. It's become just the way it is in my house..go out and work....earn a little money..go to the grocery store and spend oodles of money on various perishables...stick them in the frige and then go back ohhhh say 6 months later and see if you can still identify them....I make my way down the shelves laughing to myself about how items moved from the center shelves to the door suddenly become ...invisable~! I wonder how long before nimrod asks where the "cow butter is". (yes I live on a farm, and yes I guess that's how he would distinguish it from the "owl butter") Betcha it's today....oh yeah, ...down I go through the shelves of the frige to the very bottom drawer.....a drawer I occasionally peek into....from time to time opening it....just to look at the contents and try to remember exactly how long ago it was I bought the contents....

The math goes like this.....

My son will be 6 years old in August.....we moved into this house when he was almost 1.....the contents of the drawer came with me from the previous dwelling..... I've been in possession of said contents for about 3 years prior to that. Yes...that would be approximately 9 years.

So, today...I, the Procrastinating Pack Rat Princess Extrordinaire quite unceremoniously took that step and threw away the entire contents of that drawer. Well over $10,000 worth of long ago expired fertility drugs.... Like 6 years ago expired.
from my days of injections and blood draws and daily transvaginal ultrasounds... Ohhh weren't those the days! Oh wait...no those were the YEARS..... 9 years of it to be exact.....

And so now I MUST go shower so that I can pick up the smallish child and see if perhaps I can get dinner started and actually complete the task all in the same day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home